Sunday, February 23, 2014

DIY Pore Strips: Do They REALLY Work?!?!?!?!

 I know we all just LOVE to pin, pin, pin on Pinterest but how many of us actually go through and try some of these DIY projects?!?!?! I'm sure many of us do give it a go but if you're like me, I tend to put the beauty DIY stuff on the back burner for whatever reason. Not today!!!! I put these DIY Deep Pore Cleansing mask to the test!! So do they work or is it just anther Pinterest fail?!?!?! Keep reading to find out!

 So here's what you'll need:

1.5 tablesppons of milk (any kind) - I used Almond Milk - it's all I had!!
1 tablespoon of unflavored Gelatine (do not get Jell-O flavors...it could get ugly if you do!)


One of these little packets is all you need as it measures up to be about 1 tbs.

Mix together; put in the microwave for 15 seconds then start spreading on your face immediately as the Gelatin will start to harden!!!!!


**Side note - I did steam my face before I did this to open up my pores. I just put a small pot of water on the stove and when it started to boil I put my face over the steam. REMEMBER...STEAM IS HOT AND YOU CAN BURN YOURSELF!!! I kept my face far enough from the steam not to burn myself.....So PLEASE use common sense when doing this!!! You can just put a warm towel on your face for about 5 minutes and that will work too.

Spread the Gelatin all over your face as indicated above and work QUICKLY!! As I said...this stuff starts to get jelly and harden fast. The directions said to use a Popsicle stick but I was flat out of those so I used my fingers which worked just fine.


The Verdict:
 OUCH!!!!!!! That's my verdict!

My face is NOT normally this red...the mask did that!!
First off the mask was EXTREMELY difficult to peel off. I would get a good piece to peel off and then it would just come off in a very small piece.....not to mention that as I'm peeling this stuff off it was like peeling a layer of my skin off...OUCH!!!! As you can see in the picture, my face got REALLY red because it became irritated while pulling the gelatin mixutre off. I will say that the pieces I did pull off I could see the "gunk" that it pulled out of my pores, but I could also see all the little hairs that WERE on my face!!!
 I ended up getting a washcloth and wiping the rest of the mask off my face as it was too difficult to peel off.

In the end, I think this would definitely work as a pore strip for your nose or chin or wherever you have blackhead problems...but all over the face, NO! It hurts, it's irritating and it's difficult to get the stuff off your face!! It did leave my face feeling very soft and smooth but I did not like how red and irritated it left my skin. So from now on I'll be using this stuff just on my nose and chin to clean out my blackheads!!

Thanks for reading!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment